Friday, January 15, 2010

Waiting on an Autumn Muse from Lithuania

So I've solemnly sworn NOT to buy any fugly maternity clothes, and dammit, I'm sticking to it. One: I hate pastels. Two: I hate the idea of spending money on stuff I'll never wear again. Three: I love clothes and I don't want to sacrifice what little sense of style I have just because I'm gestating. So as I hit the 3-month mark and start to develop the inevitable pooch, I've been getting my Etsy fix, digging through the many amazing little shops to find some comfortable and versatile alternatives to moo moos and pastel crap with appliques. (Yes, I know maternity clothes have come a long way, but it's just the principal. No offense to any maternity clothes makers or wearers...)
I'm currently impatiently awaiting an Autumn Muse all the way from Vilnius. I love LeMuse's sexy, drapy, and totally form-forgiving designs. I imagine it will kind of be like wearing a giant sock. One that can be work with naked shoulders or without. Best part, I'll still be able to wear it after the kidlet is born. Hell, I might even be able to fit the baby in it, bjorn and sweater all in one. Very national geographic, but who knows, I might be comfortable. I probably won't look as good as this pastoral Lithuanian damsel, but I'm gonna try!

No comments: