Wednesday, October 21, 2009

About Hiring...

Over the last few months, I've been blogging for American Express' OPEN Forum as a "Lifestyle Expert" for Inhabitat. The topic is generally supposed to be "lifestyle" with a green tinge (since that's what we know about at Inhabitat), but still needs to be applicable to small business owners. Honestly, I've kind of been struggling with ideas on what to cover. Mostly because the topic is lifestyle and most of the time, I don't really think I have a life! But finally, after several essais, I think I've found the key, which is to write about my own business-related discoveries. Despite my own disbelief at this fact, I am indeed a business owner. And my business is, knock on wood, doing pretty well, all things considered. (And by "things" I mean recession.)

My last story on Hiring for the Home Office actually got a few comments (at least in the twittosphere) which was pretty rad. For the record, my new employee/intern/assistant-secret-agent has full use of a separate bathroom and doesn't seem to mind the occasional poot from Brutus.

PS. That's not my office, just a very neat and clean example of a home office. I'd share a photo of Secret Agent HQ, but then I'd have to eliminate the three people who read this blog.

No comments: